ASCEPT members receive the following benefits:
ASCEPT offers sponsorship for departmental seminar series. Once there are eligible 5 members within an institution, the institute may apply for $500+GST for use in their seminar program. The seminars must have the ASCEPT logo appear at the start and end of the seminar, by using a PowerPoint slide provided by the Secretariat and have membership brochures provided available on the day. Up to 10 members from each institute may apply with a maximum of $1000+GST available. Members may be student or full members, but their fees must have been paid by March 31 in the year of application.
ASCEPT will advertise the seminar programs on the ASCEPT website/e-news. The Institute should nominate a contact person. Please click the Seminar Grant Application Form
to complete. Applications close June 30 of each year.
To apply for a grant to support a meeting or symposium, please complete the Activity Proposal
and return to the Secretariat. Funds are available to members as seeding loans or grants. ASCEPT must be acknowledged on all materials and all members notified of, and invited to, the meeting via the Secretariat.
From 2009 onwards, there is a reciprocal rights agreement wiht the BPS which includes:
- reciprocity as regards items of interest in e-bulletins, house journals and on websites
- the right of ASCEPT members to attend BPS general meetings at a concessionary non-member rate of £50 per day (or 50% of the non-member daily rate from time to time)
- the right of BPS members to attend ASCEPT meetings at ASCEPT member rates
- for BPS focussed meetings, ASCEPT members will be able to register at the applicable BPS member or student member rate as applicable
- adding ASCEPT members as permanent affiliates to BPS online membership registration system. (This means, that ASCEPT members wishing to attend a BPS general meeting, can do so by registering online as an Affiliate Member of the BPS at the special concessionary registration fee of 50% of the non-member daily rate
- For BPS specialist focussed meetings, ASCEPT members will enjoy the same concessionary prices as BPS full or student members, as applicable.
AMH (Australian Medicines Handbook Pty Ltd) is jointly owned by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP), the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA) and the Australasian Society of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacologists and Toxicologists (ASCEPT). AMH’s mission is to provide concise, practical, reliable, comparative drug information to promote the quality use of medicines in Australia. The content is extensively researched and peer-reviewed, and published in book (hard copy), PC/Mac and handheld/mobile formats. ASCEPT members are eligible to receive two copies per year at a special discounted rate.